Followers

8.31.2012

Friday Fun (5)


Just a heads up, I won't be posting next weekend probably at all.  I am going on a much needed vacation with my boyfriend to Rehoboth Beach, since he has a rare Friday off!

Follow Friday (5)

The wonderfulness of Parajunkee @ Parajunkee's View and Alison @ Alison Can Read host this weekly soiree each week! They feature a specific blogger in the book blogger community and ask a question for you to answer! You get to discover a bunch of new blogs, and get a bunch of new followers!

 The rules are simple:
Create a post like this one.
Visit Parajunkee and Alison and follow them.
Leave your name and blog link on their blogs.
Visit the other people on the list.
Leave them a comment saying hi.
Follow them.
They follow you.
BAM!
More followers!


There are actually 2 different questions this week, a snafu over there I believe, but more fun for us!:

Best Cover?  What is the best cover of a book you've read and loved?
The Iron Fey series covers are the most gorgeous covers.  I really love them soooooo much.  They are just perfection in my opinion.  Everything you want in a cover: bright colors, pretty font, swirly things, pretty girl, hot guys. Seeeeeeee:
 

Absolutely. Beautiful.






Best Cover?  What is the best cover of a book you've read and didn't like?
The Mortal Instruments series.  I'm not a huge TMI fan.  I've read all the books because, well, once I start a series I usually continue on, no matter if I like it or not.  But I do love the covers of these books.  I think they're really cool looking.  Especially City of Lost Souls.  That cover is gorgeous.  The insides,  not so much.


 The Friday 56 (5)

 The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda @ Freda's Voice.  The rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.

Then hop over to her page and link up!

 This week's book is:



Matched (Matched, #1)Matched
Series: Matched, #1
Author: Ally Condie



 
 
 
 
 
 
The quote:
"'I talked with Patrick and Aida Markham,' he said.  ' I though you'd want to know.  The boy is an orphan.  He's from the Outer Provinces.'
'He is?'  My mother's voice held a note of concern.  The Outer Provinces are on the geographic fringe of the Society where life is harder and wilder."

The first book in the Matched series.  Everyone seems to be enjoying and so far I am too.  I absolutely LOVE dystopian novels.  I think I can say, for certain, that dystopian is officially my favorite genre.  There's just something about them.  I think it's that I can usually imagine what happens in them, actually happening.  Like this book, or Delirium.



TGIF (6)
TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger @ GReads! Every week she asks a fun question to answer and you can recap what you've been up to the past week!
NOTE:  Ginger has announced that this will be the last TGIF until further notice.  You can read more here: Announcement 
I'm really sad because I love this meme!  But I understand wanting to focus on school.  I should be doing that myself.



This week's question is:


Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing
what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?

Lately, I've been following my TBR list.  I have a bunch of books checked out from the library, so I'm going by due date on those, and I have a lot of review copies from NetGalley I need to get to, so those will be next.  Then, I'm taking a break from the library and NetGalley (unless something really good pops up like when The Lost Prince appeared), and read the book on my IRL TBR shelves on my bookshelf.  There are two of them!  It's crazy.  And I just bought more.  But otherwise I don't usually have a set way of picking.  Just whatever calls to me in the moment.  Or what book an author has given me to review.

Until Next Time

Keep♥Reading

8 comments:

  1. I really need to start reading my review copies! Haha, good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness there is someone else out there who doesn't like the Mortal Instruments either! I was so bored!

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this is the opposite for me =) I wasn't a huge fan of the Iron Fey series (I only read the first book) but adore the Mortal Instruments series. Jace completely sucked me in!

    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a series I should look into....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome answers. and thank you for introducing me to the Friday 56. I was looking for another meme to do on friday, since TGIF has stopped for a while.

    New follower.
    my blog. http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I <3 The Iron Fey Chronicles! Just need to read the latest novella!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning the read that series and am intrigued by the covers. I'm from FF and I'm a new GFC follower who would love for you to visit me whenever you get a chance.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Iron Fey books. I've actually only read the first one! I believe that a boxed set is coming out soon so hopefully I'll just buy that! :D I can't wait to read more with Meghan and Ash.

    New follower via GFC. :) Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...