Followers

8.02.2012

BTT (3)



Booking Through Thursday is weekly meme hosted by the Booking Through Thursday site.  It's a fun meme that proposes a weekly question for you to ponder.
This week there are 2 questions:


Overall, what factor most influences your choice of your next read?
I wish I could say that my reading choices have some kind of system, but they don't.  At all.  Besides the fact that if I'm in the middle of a series, I'm going to read all the books that are out in a straight row, but other than that it's whatever I pick up at the bookstore or I grab from the library.  I have so many physical books and Nook books that I have still yet to read.  It's terrible.

What is it that makes you want to read a book by an author you have never read before?
Okay this is going to sound terrible, and I shouldn't even do this as a dedicated reader and book blogger, but I look at the cover.  I know, I know.  Never judge a book by the cover.  But, honestly, who doesn't walk down the aisle of the bookstore and are more likely to have a book with a really awesome cover pop out at them before a book with a really crappy cover?  And yes, I will read books with crappy covers on them, but if I'm picking up a book at random on the spot, I'm looking at the cover first, then the synopsis.  If it sounds like something I'm interested in, I'm all over it.  If not, it goes back down.  I usually check GR reviews too!
What's your BTT?

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I think a lot of us take the cover into consideration when choosing a book :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...