Followers

7.19.2012

Booking Through Thursday (2)


Booking Through Thursday is weekly meme hosted by the Booking Through Thursday site.  It's a fun meme that proposes a weekly question for you to ponder.
This week's question is:
Series or Stand-alone?



How can you honestly make me pick?! But in all seriousness, though a good stand-alone novel is perfectly fine on its own, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love me some series. Depending on how attached I get to the characters in a novel depends on how much I'm anticipating the next book, and how excited or disappointed I am for the last book to come out. For instance, Iron's Prophecy, With All My Soul, and Requiem are all series finales that are coming out between September of this year and April of next year. I'm so upset that they are the series finales. I LOVE all of these series, listed in order: The Iron Fey Series, The Soul Screamers Series, and The Delirium Series. Three of my all time favorite series. Ending. Though, there is going to be an Iron Fey spin-off series staring Ethan, Meghan's not so little anymore brother, called The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1). I really hope there will be some cameo's from some certain characters (Ash and Puck please!!!)

But, if I don't get too attached to the characters and all my questions are resolved at the end of a stand-alone then I'm happy with it. One of all-time favorite stand-alone is called Before I Fall by the wonderful Lauren Oliver. I didn't get too overly attached to the characters, the story-line was amazing, and there was a resolution that answered my burning questions.

One stand-alone I WISH had turned into a series was Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys. I got so overly attached to the character and the story-line was one I couldn't tear myself away from, and the end left me with more questions than I had in the middle of the book! This is one instance where I loathe stand-alone novels!

What about you? Are you one for a quick story or one that lasts throughout many books?

Don't forget to check out the Stop Fighting, Keep Reading tab and link up! Just click on "SF♥KR" at the top, or the link and read up!

2 comments:

  1. Series lets you follow the lives of the characters for a longer period, but sal's are much quicker reads. Still,I like them both.
    MY BTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...