Followers

7.09.2011

Beastly

Hey guys! So today I'm reviewing:
Beastly
 
Author: Alex Flinn
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: February 29, 2000
Reading Level: Young Adult
Format: E-book
Pages: 206 (on Nook)
My Suggestion: Read it!
Buy here: Amazon

Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
I am a beast.
A beast!
Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

Review:
This book is a modern day Beauty and the Beast. But, it is told completely from the Beast's side of the story this time.  I found myself having very different emotions while reading this book.  The main character, Kyle, is a total jerk when he is human.  He believes that everything you do in life is dependent on your looks.  Basically: pretty=success, ugly=failure.  After playing a cruel trick on a girl at school, Kyle finds himself in the position he had always feared: an ugly beast that everyone looks down upon.  Throughout the many events that happen in the book, there are many lessons to learn.  Of course the main lesson is "don't judge a book by it's cover." It's a very good book and I couldn't put it down till I finished it! You should read it!

Favorite Quotes:
"Just because something is beautiful doesn´t mean it´s good." 

"Of course, maybe I'd end up like one of those crazy old people with, like, sixty cats. And one day, the neighbors would complain about the smell, and it would turn out I'd died and the cats had eaten me.
Still, it might be nice to have a cat." 
-Kyle Kingsbury

"This isn't a fairy tale. It's New York City." 


Until Next Time!

KeepReading

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...