Followers

5.31.2013

Every Day

 Every Day
Photobucket 
Author: David Levithan
Series: Stand-Alone
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Reading Level: Young Adult
Source: Library
Format: e-book
Pages: 220
Order hereB&N or Amazon





This was such a cool concept. Seriously. The concept was amazing. This "A" person thing being switches bodies. Everyday he she it ends in a new body. Ever morning it wakes up as someone new. There are so many places you could go with this. There really is. But, unfortunately, this was kind of a let down on the author's part. It felt like this wasn't explored as much as it could have been for sure.

There's a reason you should wait a few days before reviewing a book. You really need to take time to process things. When I first finished reading this I was at 5 stars! I loved it I really did, and don't get me wrong, I still really like it, but as of writing this review I'm more at a 3 now.

I started thinking about the questions I still had regarding this book and realized there were just too many left unanswered. For instance, what the hell is A??? Why does it only visit someone once? Why does it only inhabit people the same "age" as it? Does it even really have an age? Is it really 16? Is it an alien? Is it the devil?! There were just too many questions. I had more questions when I finished reading the book than when I started! There's just too much left to deal with!

As far as the romance of the story goes, you have your classic teenage insta-love. "A" inhabits the body of a pretty girl's boyfriend who is a classic asshole, and "A" thinks that she deserves better and that "A" can be that person and after taking her to the beach for like, 4 hours "A" is madly in love with her and no one else should have her. At least Riahnnon (BTW what the hell kind of name is that?) was a little weirded out by it at first, but like, a week later she's laying naked with "A" in some stranger's body in a cabin in the woods where no one will find them....uh...DANGER ALERT?! So, this...being i think I went with....comes up to you in all these different bodies and you think this is okay? No. Not okay.

As I said, so many places this could have went and I really feel that it just fell short. It was a good read though and I would love a sequel to clear up some of the questions left to be answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...