Followers

7.09.2012

Winter's Passage and The Iron Daughter

So I'm finally getting around to review Winter's Passage (Iron Fey 1.5) and The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey 2).  I'm currently reading, or at least trying, to read City of Bones (Mortal Instruments 1) but I can't get into it.  Granted I haven't even made it 1/3 of the way through the book yet, and it did take me awhile to get into The Iron Knight (Iron Fey 1) so I'm sticking with it.  And I also have sworn that I will finish every book that I start reading.  I give every book a fair chance from start to finish. I will push myself no matter how long it takes.

So, without further a due, my review for Winter's Passage and The Iron Daughter!

Winter's Passage

Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: June 1, 2010
Reading Level: Young Adult
Format: E-novella (only available in electronic form)
Pages: 51 (on Nook)
My Suggestion: READ THIS BOOK!
Buy here: Amazon Kindle or B&N Nook


So I really like the cover!  The colors are gorgeous and the wolf eyes: PERFECT!  Okay that's really all I have to say on the cover without giving too much away, so onto the book itself!


This will be a short review because it was a short book but I love how this book tied together The Iron King and The Iron Daughter.  It was a bonus story that also helped out in The Iron Daughter as well!  And added a new character and showed Ash's "warm" side, if only for like, 20 pages.  It was nice to see what happened between the books though.

Well that's pretty much all I have to say because it's such a short book.  But if you'd like to know what happens between the two books this is a definite must read!



The Iron Daughter

Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: August 1, 2010
Reading Level: Young Adult
Format: E-book
Pages: 288 (on Nook)
My Suggestion: READ THIS BOOK!
Buy here: Amazon or Barnes & Noble


Alright this cover is gorgeous.  Goes along great with the first book, and the model they have for Meghan is really pretty.  The blue colors of the swirls goes well with the story line with Meghan being in Mab's ice court for a lot of the book.

Now you'll have to bear with me for a moment because, reading all the books back to back, I get my books a little mixed up.  But I'm pretty positive I'm clear and remember...yep! Just flipped back through the book and I'm set to review!

I gotta say this book was awesome.  I love Ash.  So much.  Even though he acted like a total jerk.  I guess it's just a me thing to always fall for the bad guys with the secret feelings in books (for instance Damon of The Vampire Diaries).  But he acted like a jerk for a good reason!  He was trying to protect her!  I'm such a sucker for romance.

I think the story flowed really well.  It had a good plot.  I really think that there is a character for everyone to connect to in this book.  There are such a diverse cast of characters that there's one for everyone to love!  Besides Ash, still gotta love Grimalkin.  I could read an entire book just about him.  He is my favorite besides Ash.  And Puck.

Alright it's SPOILER ALERT time!

I have to start out with the fact that I seriously almost cried when Ironhorse died.  Yes he tried to kill Ash and Puck, but he really did make his redemption in order to help Meghan.  He was there for her all the way through.  I was also very upset when the stupid Ash look alike iron knight killed Sage.  He might have been a total ass, but he was at least better than Rowan (obviously).  And poor Meghan.  I know a lot of people refer to her as the "Bella Swan" of the Fey, but look at what she has been through!  I mean, how would you react to your best friend turning out to be the famous Puck, you being the daughter of the Faerie King Oberon, and finding out your brother has been kidnapped by a secret iron kingdom that no one believes exists, even when you and the guy you've totally fallen for claims to it be true.  Then when you rescue said brother and take him home, you have to turn around and be taken straight to, basically the arms of your enemy, by said boy you've fallen for, even though he loves you.  He then acts like an ass in front of his family and pretty much calls you a shitty human that he would never touch.  Then you find out you have to go up against the iron fey that almost killed you and your beloved not that long ago, in order to bring peace back to the two courts of your new home land.  Oh, and everyone at this point hates you and when you finally bring back the magical stick and try to prove you weren't the one who stole it, your boyfriend's mom tells him that he has to swear never to see you again because you're from different courts and he has declared his love for you in front of everyone.  Then you both get banned to the human realm, and you have to leave this whole new world behind, including your best friend of, well, forever.  So.  You tell me what you would do.  Because I think I would have already been crying in the corner when my brother was replaced by some evil faerie thing.

SPOILER TIME OVER.
Alright enough ranting about Meghan and more about the book.  Well, really it's just that I loved the book, and that's pretty much it.  I could honestly go on and on about this book but I'm gonna go ahead and stop cause I don't want to make this review too incredibly long and I already wasted space ranting about people complaining about Meghan.  But basically, you should read this book because it's awesome.

Until Next Time!

Keep♥Reading

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/7/12 23:34

    OMG Julie Kagawa! Love her! I actually haven't had a chance to read the whole of 'Iron Daughter' series. I'm really trying to get to it, though. Definite, Definite TBR novel. Thanks for the two amazing reviews!

    And thanks for the follow, we're following you back. Did you say you loved our blog? Ahem. Your blog is perfection, in every sense of the word! LOVE it, honestly.

    Demitra @ Characterized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like my blog! And you should definitely read it, SO good!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...